So here I am in a gravel parking lot next to the venue in Detroit, Michigan. The venue is in what appears to be a pretty shady neighborhood, and is literally in the shadow of the stadium where the detroit tigers play. So far, although Bellflur and tourmates The Deleted Scenes have both arrived, no one has shown up to open up the venue.
Last night's show was alright. The venue was a tiny dive in the northwest end of Chicago called Ronny's. The bar area was a typical small bar, but the venue section was apparently an old auto garage converted into a "venue" via the addition of a small PA, 2 lights, and a Tiki hut where the soundboard was located. Not many people showed up, and Carlos had some keyboard issues. However, the band played around with their stage layout, and the new layout is far far superior. Better sight lines for filming, plus Carlos can now actually stand up and rock out a bit for the songs where he plays guitar instead of Keys. By the end of this tour, Bellflur will be a well-oiled machine.
Also in Chicago I met up briefly with Gina, who was previously my next-door-neighbor when camping at Coachella about a month ago. We walked around a little bit. I learned from Gina that I should try to go to the Pitchfork festival in Chi-town... don't know if that will be remotely feasible or possible, but it would be ppppretty cool.
I've been shooting and starting to capture/edit footage. I hope to have the first videoblog done by the end of tonight, though I don't know how much web access I'll have to upload it (I'm posting from Tom the Bassist's laptop which has a verizon wireless card). There will definitely be some more video posted by the end of our Canada excursion.
I've eaten far too much Denny's recently. OK, that's all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
East side represent! DEtroit!
don't get killed.
Post a Comment